One might almost feel sorry for Ferrari chairman Luca Montezemolo, who turned up in Bahrain and tried to convince the Formula 1 world that the new rules produce boring racing. He used the word “taxi racing”, while Bernie Ecclestone, who was banging the same drum, muttered about touring car engines. Neither was much in evidence by the end of Bahrain Grand Prix after a spectacular fight for victory between Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg. There was great fighting down through the order as well, but no-one was going to catch the Mercs.
This week’s GrandPrix+ features
– The positive things about the new F1… and the negative things
– An interview with Vijay Mallya
– A wacky race in the desert
– We rant about Ferrari’s superior attitude
– The latest news on Michael Schumacher
– We applaud Stoffel Vandoorne’s impressive debut win in GP2
– DT looks for solutions to the problems of driver weight
– Mike Doodson delves into hobbies and hairdos
– While Peter Nygaard takes a lot of shots in the dark in Bahrain
GP+ is a racing magazine like racing magazines used to be, but is published in electronic form in PDF format, so you can read it on a laptop or a tablet. We take you behind the scenes in the F1 paddock and explain what is really going on. We have forthright opinions and we don’t care if we knock noses out of joint. There are plenty of fascinating stories from Grand Prix history as well, plus great photography and old style reporting, giving you a blow-by-blow account of what happened, both in qualifying and in the race, so you have a proper record which can stay in your computer for years to come.
It’s a real bargain. You get 22 issues for £29.99, covering the entire 2014 Formula 1 season. And all for the price of a pizza and a couple of drinks. And if that is not value for money, we don’t know what is.
For more information, go to http://www.grandprixplus.com.