Lewis Hamilton delivered the perfect response to Nico Rosberg in Monza, beating the World Championship leader, fair and square, overcoming a dreadful start that meant that he had to fight his way back from fourth. He was second by lap 10 and took the lead when Rosberg, under pressure, went straight on at the first chicane on lap 29. It was an exemplary performance and the best way to put Nico in his place. Winning fairly and squarely on the race track is the way to do it.
Fernando Alonso failed to score a point and Williams took third place in the Constructors’ Championship from the home team – Ferrari.
– We talk to rising star Stoffel Vandoorne
– The Red Bull Young Engineer programme
– Robert Benoist, a hero on and off the track
– JS wonders why F1 does not use the cinema properly
– The Hack looks back at th Spa crash
– DT recalls the day Team Lotus really died
– We remember Eoin Young, Len Terry, Jonathan Williams and Philippe Gurdjian
– Peter Nygaard and his team capture Monza in all his glory
GP+ is the fastest F1 magazine in the world. It’s so fast, it’s almost real-time… But it is a magazine that tells you the full story, like racing magazines used to do. Yet it is published in electronic form in PDF format, so you can read it on a laptop or a tablet.
Our reporters are some of the most respected in the business and we take you behind the scenes in the F1 paddock and explain what is really going on. We have forthright opinions and we don’t care if we knock noses out of joint. There are plenty of fascinating stories from Grand Prix history as well, plus great photography and old style reporting, giving you a blow-by-blow account of what happened, both in qualifying and in the race, so you have a proper record which can stay in your computer for years to come.
You get 22 issues for £29.99, covering the entire 2014 Formula 1 season.
It’s the bargain available in Formula 1
For more information, go to http://www.grandprixplus.com.