The new Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has announced plans to list Ferrari on US and European stock exchanges. FCA owns 90 percent of the Ferrari shares (the other 10 percent belonging to the Ferrari family) and the plan is for 10 percent to be floated and the remaining 80 percent to be given to FCA shareholders. The result of the announcement was a leap in the value of FCA shares, which was obviously what it was designed to do. FCA needs to build up its value in order to attract more financing to help the company. It is doubtful that FCA will lose ultimate control of Ferrari as a result as Exor SpA, the holding company of the Agnelli family, still owns 30% of the company parent company.